Street Art and Stencil Art Abroad

Since 1994 I have been gathering an archive of found street art, chalk drawings and stencils abroad (outside of Australia).



Fig. 01: Untitled. Cesky Krumlov. Czech Republic 1994. Some say it looks like a dove some say Virgin and child, make up your own mind. Amazing what an unintended splash of paint can say.  



Fig. 02: Boat. Prenzlauer Berg Berlin 1994. One of my favourites, have no idea who made it, fine workmanship, this stencil was about 1m across.   




Fig. 03: Stencils by Sucre. Brighton. UK 1994. These stencils quarter of a century on still look fresh with their fine detail and colour. Oh yes even Smurfs are cool now days!   



Fig. 04: Curiosity at the Gate. Czech Republic 1998 Ready-made art, the only graffiti in the picture are the tags and they aren't even part of the whole show!



Fig. 05: Lights Camera Action! Prague CZ 1998. I spotted this in 1994 on my first visit to Prague and ran across it on my second visit, glad I rediscovered it as it was only a few centimetres across.














No comments:

Post a Comment